Get you racing

Ever wanted to go racing, we can get you on track, from guiding you through application and licence tests to building or sourcing a car for you and even preparing and running it for you at the circuit.


To go racing on a circuit you first need to get a licence pack, or Ards pack from the MSA ( the governing body of motorsport) which is available here. ย The ards pack contains an instructional video, copy of the Blue book containing all the regulations, a medical form and a licence application form.


Your next set is a medical and then on to the ards test its self. This is carried out on a circuit where an approved instructor will sit with you and assess your safety and awareness on the circuit. This test is not about ultimate speed but making sure your safe to be allowed out on circuit with other drivers.


Once the Ards test has been passed, you send off for your licence and then its on to your first race. This can be a daunting experience with so many new things to learn, the car to get scrutinered, drivers briefs to go to the car to get readsy and make sure you and the car are in the right place at the right time…

Here at Midland Classic Restorations we have guided may people through the process of armchair enthusiast to Fully qualified racer. If you have any questions about how to get on circuit please don’t hesitate to call us and we can get you on track with the minimal fuss.